No need to call Ghostbusters! The ghosting technique creates a great background that you will want to use year round!
Card 1 – Thanksgiving
Stamp Sets: Tags for You, Truly Grateful, Wonderful
Ink: Always Artichoke, Crushed Curry, Craft Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Pumpkin Pie 5 ½ x 8 ½
Always Artichoke 5 x 4 ¼
Whisper White 4 ¾ x 4
Accessories: Bitty Banner Framelis, Burlap Ribbon, Brayer, Wooden Button, Twine, Glue dots, Tags punch, Dimension
HINT: Works best using light colored ink, will get darker as it drys
Card 2 – Baby Card
Stamp Set: Baby Prints, One in a Million, A Word for You
Ink: Soft Sky, Blushing Bride, Basic Grey, Illuminate Craft Ink
Paper: Soft Sky 5 ½ x 8 ½
Blushing Bride 5 ¼ x 4 ¼
Soft Sky 3 ½ x 4 ½
Whisper White 4 ½ x 3 ¼
Accessories: Candy Dot – Subtles, Grossgrain Ribbon
Fancy Fold – Gate Fold Folder Card
Stamps: Halloween Happiness
Ink: Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Cajun Craze 5 ½ x 8 ½
Black & White DS Paper 5 ½ x 4 ¼ (cut in half)
Pumpkin Pie 2 ¼ x 3 ½
Whisper White 2 x 3 ¼ & 3 ¼ x 5
Accessories: Witches Brew Washi Tape
Gate Fold File Folder Directions using the Envelope Punch:
Gate Fold Folder Card Directions
1. Start with a piece of cardstock measuring 5 ½ x 8 ½.l Place c/s with the 5 ½” side horizontally against the top of the envelope punch board. Bring the very edge/corner of your cardstock so that the edge is even to the hole peeking through the punch part of your board. Punch once.
2. Reposition your d/s along the top of your punch board a 2nd time on the same edge but slide the corner that you just cut to the 3” line on the ruler of your envelope punch board.
3. Press down on your punch recreating a “v” in the middle of your c/s, turn you c’/s 180 degrees and repeat on the 2nd side.
4. Once both sides of your c/s have been punched, align one side with the tab on your paper cutter so that you cut off one tab. Make sure you line u the small “v” in the center right where the blade will cut on the very edge of the cutting track.
5. Repeat Step 4 for the other side of your tabbed c/s, making sure you cut off the opposite tab from the other side. When both tabs are cut off, you will notice that you have a ab on each side but opposite of each other.
6. Score your c/s piece on the 8 ½ side at 2 ¼” and 6 ¼”.
7. Using the corner round punch on the other side of yur punch, round the two square corners.
8. Designer Paper Layering; DSP piece measuring 5 ½ x 4 ¼. Repeat the steps above as you did with the c/s piece on both sides of the 5/12” side of yo0ur DSP paper. Cut off one tab on each side. Cut the DSP in half at 2 ½” on the 4 ¼” side. Once you have the DSP cut in half, cut abo9ut 1/8” on both of the short sides and also cutg off ¼” on the bottom side. The DSP should fit exactly on your card front.
9. Create a belly band to keep the front closed. The belly band was a piece of C/s 1 ½” x 11 scored at 3 ½” and 7 5/8”. Fold on the score lines and glue the two overlapping pieces.
And there you have it! Another great technique and a great stamping night spent with some lovely and talented ladies!! Have a great day!
As always, thanks for stopping in,