Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here is another technique from the Card Instruction Book that I received as a gift. This one is called Build Borders. It was a great idea and I used some different colors that I normally don't seem to reach for that often.
First of all I used a Stampin' Up! wheel for my background. The wheel that I used is called Watercolor Vine. I learnt that the easiest way to use a wheel for a background is to start in the center at an angle and wheel across your card in one stroke. After that wheel on either side, this makes for a more natural looking card and it doesn't look like you used a wheel. See how its all blended together. I am using Stampin' Up!'s Always Artichoke for my main color and card, and also used Stampin' Up! Classic Always Artichoke ink. I am going to be using Stampin' Up! Pocket Silhouettes stamp set. Why you ask, well I just got it and I am playing today!


Then I checked my Color Coach again for contrasting colors, what would I do without it?! But better question, how did I manage before I got it?! My two contrasting colors will be Elegant Eggplant and Bravo Burgandy. I randomly stamped my Elegant Eggplant and then adherred it to my Bravo Burgandy. My focal point was one of the Pocket Silhouettes stamped in Versamark on Very Vanilla and embossed with Copper Embossing Powder, I will layer that on a scrap of Rose Red.


Check out my finished card! Isn't it elegant? And a perfect birthday card for an older more mature person. I just loved how it turned out.
This card is also available as a Card Kit or can be purchased separately.
Maybe you need an assortment of birthday cards, just look through some of my older posts and let me know what you like.
As always thanks for stopping in, now lets see what the next technque will be.................Layer Inks. Ummm sounds interesting, stay tuned.

No comments: