Triple Time Stamping - February 2012
Stamp over several layers to crate a dimensional image.
Stack the white pieces layers smallest on top; Lightly tape the layers together by placing a little dab of adhesive on each piece in the middle, BUT before placing the next piece of c/s, dab it with your finger so that it isn’t real sticky. This is only so that they do not slip.
Start in the center, work your way around the edges with your stamping. Stamping your image over all three layers at the same time.
Take your pieces apart and attach them to their layers.
You will have gaps around the 2nd & 3rd layer, however, when you add the matting layers the gaps will disappear.
Use a dimension for the smaller last layer to add dimension.
Stamp Sets: Blooming Marvelous (Sale a Bration)
Words - Use a Light Touch
Ink: Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze, Calypso Coral, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Calypso Coral 8 ½ x 5 ½, 3 ¼ x 4 ½ &
2 ¼ x 3 ½
Whisper White: 2 x 3 ¼, 3 x 4 ¼, 4 x 5 ¼
Accessories: Silver Soda Pop Caps-Crushed
Dimensions, Calypso Coral Twine
Stamp Set: Creative Elements
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant
Wisteria Wonder 8 ½ x 5 ½
Elegant Eggplant 2 ¼ x 3 ½, 3 ¼ x 4 ½
Whisper White 2 x 3 ¼, 3 x 41/4 & 4 x 5 ¼
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Bakers Twine, Hearts a Flutter (inside), Button & Dimensions
And finally our Fancy Fold Card - Wiper Card
Create a card with a surprise image with just a few scores and a bit of adhesive.
Stamps: Sale-A-Bration Madison Avenue & Pretty Petites, Word Play
Cardstock: DS Sycamore Street ¾ x 4 ¼ (SB)
Summer Starfruit 4 ¼ x 8 ½ & 1 ½ x 3
Not So Navy 4 ¼ x 4 ½, 1 ¼ x 4 ¼
Marina Mist 4 ½ x 8 ½
Whisper White ¾ x 4 ¼ & 4 x 4
Cajun Craze 1 ¼ x 4 ¼
Accessories - Vine Street Embossing Folder (SB)
Petite Punch (SB)
Curly Label Punch
Small Soda Pop Cap Flattened
1. Score your 4 ¼ x 8 ½ pieces (2) of cardstock at 1 ½ and 3.
2. Prefold all scored lines on your 2 pieces of c/s
(The score line next to your large panel should fold down, the one next to the edge fold up; repeat with 2nd piece of c/s)
3. Using your 1 ½ x 3 inch piece of c/s, score at 1 ½ on the long side. Then score from the top corner to the 1 ½ inch mark
4. Prefold your score line on your 1 ½ x 3 piece, turn your strip around and decorate.
5. Add adhesive on your scored triangle on the bottom of the strip, only add adhesive to your triangle. If you place it over the entire bottom strip, the wiper won’t work.
6. Take one of your card base pieces and lay it down w/the score lines to the right. This will be the front. Adhere your strip, image facing down, between the two score lines. Line up the end of your diagonal score w/the edge of your card front.
7. Add adhesive to the edtes of both 4 ¼” sides of the cardstock piece.
8. Place 2nd 4 ¼ x 8 ½ piece of c/s over your card front. Make sure the score lines are on the left.
9. Turn your card around.
10. Decorate the front panel. Decorate. Done!!
I hope that you have enjoyed our cards that we made for the February Technique class, our next class is March 11 and our technique will be Shadowing.
Thanks for stopping in,