Thursday, March 13, 2014

March 2014 Stamping Technique - Foil Vellum Resist

By the time that you read this, I will be in sunny Florida visiting my mom and dad who had the good sense to get out of this cold weather!

Another fun technique, Foil Vellum Resist is easy and fun!  Brayer Craft Ink onto Foil Vellum.  The foil design will resist the ink.  Wipe off ink with a tissue.

Here is our first card, it would make a lovely Wedding Card I think:

 
Card 1 – Love this Card!
Stamp Sets:  Language of Love (Occasions Mini Catalog)
Ink:  Basic Grey, Primrose Petals
Paper:  Primrose Petals 5 ½ x 8 ½ (base), Whisper White 2 cx 2 ¼ & 2 ¼ x 2 ¾, Pink Pirqouette 4 x 5 ¼, Foil Vellum 3 ¾ x 5, Silver 2 ¼ x 2 3/4
Accessories:  Rhinestone Jewel, 1/8” Silver ribbon

Our Second card just says Spring!!
Card 2 – Happy Hello Card
Stamp Sets:  Petite petals, Perfect Pennants, Happy Hello
Ink:  Calypso Corral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Soft Suede
Paper:  Soft Suede 5 ½ 8 ½ (base), Watercolor Wash DS Paper 4 x 5 ¼, Whisper White 3 ¼ x 3 ¼ (inside), Calypso Coral 3 x 3 ½ (inside), Foil Velum 4x4
Accessories:   Framelits labels (Inside), Framelits Border Die, Subtle Dots, Petite petals Punch, Silver Washi Tape, Glue Dots & Dimensions
 
And last our Fancy Fold Card, it is called a Double Fold Card, I just fell in love with the card and the colors.  The card fashioned after a card I seen from my upline, Kelly Acheson, I just changed it and used the tag punch.  The first part of the card, you open by the ribbon and then you open it again.  The colors are so pretty in person!
Fancy Fold – Double Fold Card
Stamp Sets: Petals Parade, Curly Cute
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Tangerine Tango, Pool Party
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Whisper White
Accessories:  Tangerine Tango Ribbon, Tag Punch
 
 
And there you have it, do you notice how nice the cards look now?  I found instructions on line on how to make a light box, talked my wonderful husband into making one for me and Ta-Dah!  I can take way better pictures of my cards then I use to.
 
Thanks for stopping by, next month's technique will be Quilt Squares, we will make some pretty backgrounds that will having you do a double take!
 
As always, take care,
Cindy

No comments: