Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Stamping News that I HAD To Share!!

Hi Everyone!  As you may know, Kelly Acheson, is not only my friend but also my upline, she lives in Menasha, WI, so I don't get to attend her monthly downline meetings but she has always always been there for me; she always mentions my name at her meetings (even though I am not there) and encourages me to participate in any group challenges, etc.  So this is an excerpt from her latest post.  You will notice that this is pretty much the same card that we made in class but I changed the colors and sentiment, the challenge was using vellum in a card.  I always get super excited when one of my cards wins a contest, it just tells me that I am on the right path and, of course, the free stamp set is always a bonus!!

Thanks
Cindy


Posted: 21 Apr 2015 04:00 AM PDT
DSCN6926
I love giving my demonstrators challenges and this one was super fun!  I asked them to make a card using the Envelope Punch Board and Vellum Cardstock.  Here's what the winner came up with....
DSCN6925
Isn't this pretty???  Cindy Ehlers of Neillsville, Wisconsin is the artist behind this beauty! Cindy gets to choose a FREE stamp set of her choice for her beautiful card!!!
Details: 
STAMPS:  Gifts of Kindness, Crazy About You, Your Perfect Day INK: Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Blackberry Bliss CARDSTOCK:  Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla, Vellum Cardstock  ACCESSORIES:  Pearls, Spring Flowers Embossing Folder, Envelope Punch Board
DSCN6924
Funny little story...Cindy and her husband Jim have been friends of the family for years. We used to go to Devils Lake, North Dakota years ago on a week long fishing trip.  I would always bring along my stamping supplies and make cards while I was enjoying my vacation.  Cindy started helping me and then she got to thinking "I could do this!"  
She started ordering her own stamping supplies and before long found that she loved it!  So in 2007 she bought a starter kit and began placing her own orders at a discount.  She helped me with a couple stamp camps up north.  AND then 3 years ago she got her courage up and and offered her own class once a month!  And it was a huge success!!!!  The stampers in Neillsville absolutely love it!  Cindy retired from the Sheriff's Department at the end of February and now has 3 classes a month!  She's really enjoying retirement now that she gets to do what she LOVES!!!  WAY TO GO CINDY!
Zzz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, that card is beautiful. I for got to tell you this afternoon.