Sunday, June 8, 2008

Father's Day





It's almost Father's Day and this is what I came up with for my dad. My husband and I were shopping today at my husband's favorite store--Fleet Farm. We went past this end unit and I saw this beautiful picture frame and I thought of my dad. My dad is someone who has everything but I thought that this would make a great keepsake.

The picture that my mom helped out with is a picture of my dad with his favorite horse, Cody. My dad no longer has Cody, he's in the big pasture in the sky, but I just know that he'll really like the picture and frame and his Father's Day card. My dad took Cody out west every year hunting when my dad use to go hunting in the Tetons of Wyoming.

I used the same background for the mat of the picture and the card. The card uses a retired Stampin' Up stamp set, Equestrian Dream and I used the Cracked Glass technique for the horse on Brocade Blue Cardstock with Close to Cocoa ink.

No comments: