Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day to everyone's dad!! I just got done making MY dad his father's day card. I used the Retired SU Bareback Stampset and the Retired Weathered Background set. My dad loves horses and so I always try to come up with a card using some type of horse. This horse reminds me so much of a horse that my dad once had, Cody. Cody was big, black and had a very sweet disposition, but it didn't mean he was just a wimp! No, had a mind of his own but my dad never had any problems with him.
In fact my dad took Cody out west when he went hunting, its hard to believe that horse went from Wisconsin to Wyoming at least a half dozen times then up into the Tetons where my dad would pack in with other hunters and would live out in the wild for a couple of weeks. What an adventure that must have been for my dad, he obviously liked it because he did it so often.
My dad doesn't hunt like he use to but he has some great photos and memories so that he can take that stroll down memory lane whenever he wants.
Thanks so much for stopping in, and give your dad a big hug if you can, I know I will!

No comments: