Friday, September 25, 2009

Birthday Bookmark


I found this lovely card on the Splitcoast Stamping website and just love it, with a few alterations, I have the perfect birthday card. And when you open the card, you have a bookmark! I found the instructions and have been looking for a reason to make a birthday card so that I could give it a try!
For the front of the card, I used Stampin' Up! Mambo Mambo, Bermuda Bay, and Barely Bananna Cardstock. Ink was Stampin' Up! Regal Rose and Bermuda Bay. A crystal brad for the center of the card, I ran the Mambo Mambo cardstock through my Cuttlebug using the Happy Birthday folder.
The bookmark was so easy, all you have to do is take a 4x4 or 5x5 piece of cardstock. Fold it in half horizonatally and then fold it in half vertically. Cut one of the squares out, you will have a "L" shaped cardstock of 3 squares. Fold each square towards the center, adhere with adhesive and decorate. I attached a ribbon with a crystal brad at the end for alittle weight.
So easy, but a really nice bookmark. Now I have to make some more and definitely make one for myself. I read alot and the bookmark that I have is an old and decriptive looking half a matchbook cover. How bad is that?!
Hope you enjoyed my card, let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you.

No comments: