Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas is Almost Here!

Why is it every year I take a picture of our Christmas tree and every year it looks the same?! For some reason I just can't take good Christmas tree pictures. I have tried taking them with the just the lights on the tree lit and no other lights on in the house. With the flash and without the flash, never works.
But after my long day of baking cookies, 4 different kinds to be exact and after conning my husband to help me decorate the cut out cookies I looked at the calendar and gasped, its getting pretty close to Christmas and I still have a few things to do. But I have the cookies made, just have to make the dear hubby his poppy seed bread.
One of the kinds of cookies that I made today were called Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies, they aren't too much work and the best part is that you frost them BEFORE you bake them, so thats pretty cool. Anyway here is the recipe:

Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1/2 c. butter or margarine
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
Frosting:
6 oz. chocolate chips
1/2 c. sweetened condensed milk
Marsharino cherries
Cream butter & sugar, add eggs, and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Shape into 1 inch balls. Press down center. For the frosting: In a microwavable bowl with cover, melt chocolate chips with sw. condensed milk, add 4 t. cherry juice. Stir chips, milk and juice until its well mixed. Press a cherry into the top of each cookie and frost tops of cookies before baking. Bake at 350 degrees about 10 minutes.
These are very moist cookies and is one that is always requested at house. Enjoy!!

No comments: