Friday, April 30, 2010

Another Butterfly Birthday Card!

I know, another butterfly card but they are turning out so darn cute and I figured out a way to make the body and feelers of the butterfly; silver cord loped so that the ends make up the feelers. Quite clever I know!!

Again this card uses all Stampin' Up! ingredients, and here they are:
Stamps: Great Friend
Cardstock: Lavender Lace, Whisper White, So Saffron
Ink: Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery and Cameo Coral
Extras: Lavender Brads, Silver Cord, Demensions

I can't believe that I had to mow lawn already! Don't get me wrong I love love love spring! But where we live is low and even once spring comes we have alot of low spots that usually is under water this time of year. I always laugh when I think what Jim said when we first moved here, "Of all of the spots that you had to pick, you pick the lowest part of the farm!" See my dad gave us two acres of land anywhere on the farm and I picked the next side road south of the farm. It was a pasture and I remember going with my grandpa when he would go after the cows and bring them up for milking. I was probably only 10 years old but back then, things were different and you know how it is when you are with your grandpa....he always let me drive his Ford Fairlane. I don't know how I was able to reach the pedals or see over the steering wheel!

Well Jim and I have lived at this spot for 29 years and have made some improvements, of course there was one thing that we never really had the extra cash to do anything with and that was the lawn. Its alot more level but I wouldn't let him cut any of the old Maples or Oaks or plow under the lawn and put in a new one. So it does have alot of slopes and hills and this time of year it is just beautiful with wild flowers galore. Our lawn has the usual spring flowers, violets, cow slips, ater tongues and trilliums; Jim didn't like mowing around them either as I would never let him mow them off until they were done blooming. But he is such a sweetheart he didn't mind and has never mowed them off. But now that Jim is working nights I get to mow lawn and I have only one thought when I am bouncing around.................."what was I thinking!!"

Until next time, take care!

No comments: