January Stamping Technique - Shaker Card
Love the Shaker effect when adding it to your card, but don't like the limited image or view you get because the "shaker" cups are too small or aren't exactly what you were hoping for? How about adding it to your whole card front? Well it's simple, let me show what we did for our recent class!!
Card 1 – You Plus Me Valentine (Occasions)
Stamp Sets: You Plus Me
Ink: Real Red, Early Espresso
Paper: Early Espresso Base 5 ½ x 8 ½, Real Red 5 ¼ x 4 ¼. DS Stacked with Love 3 ¾ x 5
Accessories: Label Card Thinlits, Snowflake Thinlits, Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Confetti Hearts Border Punch, Dimensions
1. Fold the Early Espresso Base on the fold line, this is the base of your card.
2. The Real Red 5 ¼ x 4 ¼ has already been run through the Big Shot using the Happy Heart Embossing Folder.
3. Adhere the DS Stacked with Love paper to the real red layer. The DS paper has already been run through the Big Shot using the heart dies from the sets described above. The cut hearts will be used on the inside of the card.
4. Stamp a similar greeting to the front of your card on the DS paper.
5. Place the Real Red layer that has the DS paper adhered to it inside the clear envelope.
6. Taking the little gem bag of punched out little hearts pour these inside the clear envelope, so that they are in front of the DS paper.
7. Seal the envelope and fold over all of the sides, taping them with Scotch tape.
8. Place a dimension on each corner of the backside of the clear envelope and one in the middle.
9. Remove the papers on the dimensions so that you can stick it to your Early Espresso card base.
10. Decorate the inside of the card and you are done!
Card 2 – Thanks so Much
Stamp Sets: Oh my Goodies
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Pool Party Base 5 ½ x 8 ½, Calypso Coral 4 x 5 ¼, DS Best Year Ever 3 ¾ x 5 (SAB), Hello Honey Scraps for bow
Accessories: Dimensions, Bow Builder Punch, Confetti Stars Border Punch
Directions for #2:
1. Fold the Pool Party Base at the fold line.
2. Stamp your greeting on the front of the DS Best Year Ever piece (3 ¾ x 5)
3. Adhere your DS piece to the Calypso Coral.
4. Place the Calypso Coral/DS paper piece inside the clear envelope.
5. Place the punched out stars that are in the gem bag inside the clear envelope making sure your stars are in the front of the DS piece.
6. Seal clear envelope and fold over all of the sides, taping the backside with Scotch tape.
7. Place a dimension on each corner and one in the center on the back of the clear envelope.
8. Remove little papers from dimensions and stick to the Pool Party Base.
9. Assemble your bow which was punched out from the Bow Builder Punch. Fold the 2 pieces that are shaped like an oval with 2 ends, just fold these in half but don’t crease them. The 2 pieces that are shaped like one side of a feather are the ends and the little rectangular piece is what is wrapped around your piece. I have enclosed a paper piece that shows how to do it and you can take it apart to see what I am talking about.
10. Adhere your paper bow to the front of your card at the top of your clear envelope.
11. The inside is just stamped with your favorite Thank You message, or the message of your choice.
And now for our Fancy Project Card, don't you just love the new Butterflies Thinlits, I think the butterfly looks like it could just lift right off of the card and flutter away! I love it!!
Fancy Project – Butterfly Wishes
Stamp Sets: Butterfly Basics
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Pacific Point, Soft Sky
Paper: Daffodil Delite Base 5 ½ x 8 ½, Pacific Point 4 ¼ x 5 ¼, Black 4 x 4 ½, Whisper White 2 ¼ x 2 ½, DS Painted Blooms 3 ¾ x 5
Accessories: Butterflies Thinlits, Waxed Paper (to easily remove butterfly thinlit from c/s, Dimensions, Jewel
Directions for the Butterfly Wishes “Fancy Project” Card:
1. Fold the Daffodil Delite piece of cardstock at the scored line for your card base.
2. Adhere the Pacific Point layer to the Daffodil Delite base.
3. Adhere the DS Painted Blooms piece to the Pacific Point layer.
4. Adhere your butterfly that has been cut out for you (isn’t it stunning?!!) to the DS piece by removing the paper piece on the dimension on the back of the butterfly. You can position any way or direction that you want, but I thought it looks like it could just fly off of the page.
5. Fold the wings of the butterfly just a little bit, so it looks like it is fluttering on the page.
6. Stamp your greeting to the first piece of Whisper White, decorate it with a little flower stamp.
7. The second piece of Whisper White is used for the greeting on the inside of your card.
And there you have it! I hope that you have enjoyed making these 3 cards, the deigns are my own and I am so happy how they turned out. I hope that you are too!!
Next month’s class is: Shaving Cream Technique
I already have one of the cards created in my head and the fancy project card will use 2 step stamping!! I can't wait to share with you this fun technique and the beautiful cards!! For my class members, I will be emailing out the details soon. For anyone else interested in this fun technique, this class is available as a Card Kit.
Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
W7226 Panther Creek Rd
Neillsville, WI 54456