Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Everything!


I got to play with my new stamp set from Stampin' Up last night and came up with two new Birthday cards. I was checking my card supply and see that I need to make some cards for the birthdays that are coming up.

I just got the stamp set Happy Everything. This first card I used Stampin Up Cardstock, Taken with Teal, Cameo Coral and Tempting Turquoise. The presents are from the stamp set Framed Greetings. This card will make a nice card for any age.


I wanted a more grown-up look for this birthday card. I again used Happy Everything stamp set, but added the scallop flower from In the Spotlight and then punched it out with my SU Scallop Punch; for the background I used my new Polka Dot. I didn't think that the Polka Dot background would get alot of use, but I was most definitely wrong. I have used it quite a bit and am very happy with the results. Its not a bold dot pattern, more of a shaded dot. The card stock is the In-Color Groovy Gauva and Very Vanilla. I used Creamy Carmel for the background and Blue Bayou Ink for the flower scallop. The double stitched ribbon is Blue Bayou. This card is very pretty in real life, the digital picture just doesn't do it justice.

On this card, notice my knot--I have been practicing Kelly, and I think that I may have FINALLY gotten it!! Its been a long standing joke between me and a friend of mine. She usually volunteers to tie the knots for my cards because she knows that I am knot tieing impaired. Well fear not--I am getting better!!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my cards.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Cindy,
Thank you for the wonderful comments on my blog! It means so much! Will check back often!

www.stampingina.blogspot.com